Dallmayr pumpkin spice latte
Hot or on ice: our absolute autumn favourite!
Pumpkin spice latte is without a doubt an autumn classic. The aromatic, pumpkin-flavoured coffee is just what you need to escape the gloomy autumn weather. Here, we show you how easy it is to make this trendy drink at home.
Originally from America, this autumn latte with coffee and pumpkin purée has, in recent years, gained many fans here, too. Whether it’s prepared with warm milk during cold weather or served with ice on those warm and golden autumn days – we simply love a delicious pumpkin coffee!
The recipe for pumpkin spice latte is really simple:
- 1 shot of espresso
- 1 cup of milk or plant-based milk alternative
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin purée
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin spice
- Ice cubes (optional)
How to make your own pumpkin spice:
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
You can buy ready-made pumpkin purée at the supermarket or – if you have pumpkin in the kitchen anyway – simply make it yourself. Especially good varieties for this purpose are the muscat (Musquée de Provence) or Hokkaido pumpkin.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the milk with the maple syrup, vanilla extract and pumpkin spice. Mix in the pumpkin purée and stir well.
- Depending on the type of drink you want, either warm up the mixture in a saucepan over a medium heat or transfer it to a tall glass with ice.
- Prepare the espresso and add it to the milk-pumpkin mix.
- Top the pumpkin spice latte with steamed milk as desired and sprinkle with a little cinnamon.
Vegan milk alternatives go wonderfully well with all coffee creations. We recommend almond or rice milk.